This document was submitted by our user and they confirm that they have the consent to share it. Assuming that you are writer or own the copyright of this document, report to us by using this DMCA report button.
‘BE’ VERB: PAST Positives, Negatives and Questions
Write the sentences below in the past simple.
1. I am late. ____________________________________________________________ 2. Are they hungry? _____________________________________________________
Thomas wasn't at school.
3. Thomas isn’t at school. _________________________________________________
Why was she watching tv? My brother was a doutor. My brother is a doctor. _________________________________________________ they weren't here. They aren’t here. _____________________________________________________
4. Why is she watching TV? _______________________________________________ 5. 6.
Eva was a teacher. 7. Eva is a teacher. ______________________________________________________
Was M.r Smith driving? Where were your books? Where are your books? ________________________________________________ Were you a student? Are you a student? ____________________________________________________
8. Is Mr. Smith driving? ___________________________________________________ 9. 10.
what was that? sue wasn't tired. Sue isn’t tired. ________________________________________________________ My holiday was nice. My holiday is nice. ____________________________________________________ Why were you laughing? Why are you laughing? _________________________________________________
11. What is that? ________________________________________________________ 12. 13. 14.
The pen was blue.
15. The pen is blue. ______________________________________________________
Was I the winner?
16. Am I the winner? _____________________________________________________
Was the answer correct?
17. Is the answer correct? ________________________________________________
Who was sick?
18. Who is sick? _________________________________________________________
We were eating.
19. We are eating. _______________________________________________________